Both Ebook Formats Included for One Low Price
As of April 2013
$50 base price plus $0.50 per thousand words. Example: a 65,000-word novel at $0.50 per 1,000 words is $32.50. Add the $50 base charge for a total of $82.50.
First five images free, including cover. $2.00 per image after five.
ePub (iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Google Editions, Kobo, Sony) and Mobi (Kindle), the two most popular ebook formats, at one low price*.
- ePub, the ebook format used by Adobe Digital Editions, Apple iBookstore (iPad, iPhone, and iPod), Barnes & Noble, Google Editions, Sony, Borders Books, Kobo, and just about everyone else except Amazon.com, including public libraries through OverDrive. The ePub ebooks I produce pass the stringent EpubCheck validation required for submission to Apple, among others, and are adjusted to conform to Apple’s most recent restrictions on ePub formatting.
- Mobi (Mobipocket), the format owned by Amazon.com and used by the Kindle, which has about 70% of the ebook market. It can be submitted as-is for listing in the Kindle Store (the slight alteration to Kindle AZW format is done by Amazon.com). DRM-free Mobi can read by the Kindle as well as some other e-reader devices. A must-have format for authors offering ebooks from their website. If offered along with ePub, 90% or more of the ebook market is covered.
- Conventional formatting that looks like a book, not a web page. For example: typographer quotes (curly) rather than straight; em or en dashes, not hyphens; proper first-line indentation and paragraph spacing.
- A table of contents page with working links to your chapters.
- Standard menu navigation entries. When a reader chooses the beginning of the ebook from the menu it will go to the start of the text, not to the title, credits, or cover page.
- Typical turnaround time of two business days or less.
- Consultation before and after the ebook is created. I want to help you make it the best it can be.
How it Works
- Send your final, completely edited and proofread manuscript as an attachment to TedRisk (@) Outlook.com. Include a front cover image, which should be at least 800×1200 and preferably 300dpi. Up-sizing from a smaller image results in lower quality. An MS Word document is preferred but I can handle most major formats if they can be cleanly converted to Word.
- I create the ePub and Mobi ebook files and send them back to you for review and possible adjustments.
- When you’re satisfied with the result you may either send the payment from your PayPal account to DellasterDesign•at•gmail.com or I can have PayPal send you an email billing invoice that offers methods of payment that do not require a PayPal account (such as credit card).
- Make your ebook available to readers at the major online stores or even your own website. Options include: Amazon.com’s DTP for the Mobi format ebook; Apple iBooks, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and Google Editions for the ePub format ebook.
* The Fine Print
This offer is for individual writers seeking to convert works of fiction for which they have the publication rights, not for publishers. I may decline a manuscript at this price if it has many images, charts, graphs, or if it’s otherwise more involved and complex than a typical novel.
I do not accept nonfiction projects at this time, nor do I do prepare Word .doc files for SmashWords or any other automated conversion service.